Home » Products » Release Notes » 6.5 » B05 Changes

"DADiSP inspired everyone and produced radical shifts in thinking."

- Felix Grant, Scientific Computing World
Download Now | Pricing / Purchase 

DADiSP 6.5 B05 Release Notes

Build 05 Release - December 26, 2012

Build 05 is an update of DADiSP 6.5.

A free B05 update is available for all authorized DADiSP 6.5 B01, B02, B03, B04 and DADiSP 6.5 B05 released prior to December 26, 2012.

If your major version number of DADiSP is less than 6.5 (DADiSP/2002 or prior), please contact us about upgrading to DADiSP 6.5.

Build 05 Specific Changes

Below is a list of changes and improvements specific to DADiSP 6.5 B05:

New Features and Functions

Faster Computation

B05 provides 20% to 40% faster execution by employing direct buffer based optimizations for the following series functions: Even faster execution when combined with the new VectorXL Module to accelerate common vector math functions by an additional 20% to 60% resulting in a 2x to 4x performance increase over DADiSP 6.5 B04.

Data Processing

  1. BLOCKAVG computes a non-overlapping moving average.
  2. CAREA computes the area of a closed loop series.
  3. CIRCSHIFT circularly shifts a series.
  4. EXPINT computes the generalized exponential integral.
  5. EXPMOVAVG computes the exponential moving average.
  6. EXTRACTWIN extracts data from multiple windows.
  7. GSTEPS creates a series of step heights.
  8. LINEXPAVG computes a zero phase exponential moving average.
  9. LINRMS computes a zero phase moving RMS of a series.
  10. POLYAREA computes the area of a regular polygon.
  11. XEXTRACT extracts data from a window based on X values.
  12. XEXTRACTWIN extracts data from multiple windows based on X values.

Signal Processing

  1. BLACKMANHARRIS multiplies a series with a Blackman-Harris window.
  2. CHEBWIN multiplies a series with a Dolph-Chebyshev window.
  3. DOWNSAMPLE decreases the sample rate of a series by decimation.
  4. DST computes the Discrete Sine Transform.
  5. GBLACKMANHARRIS generates a Blackman-Harris window.
  6. GCHEBWIN generates a Dolph-Chebyshev window.
  7. GTAYLORWIN generates a Taylor window.
  8. IDST computes the Inverse Discrete Sine Transform.
  9. SINFIT3 computes an IEEE compatible 3 term least squares sine fit.
  10. SINFIT4 computes an IEEE compatible iterative least squares sine fit.
  11. TAYLORWIN multiplies a series with a Taylor window.
  12. UPSAMPLE increases the sample rate of a series by inserting zeros.
  13. ZHPFILT performs high pass filtering by FFT zeroing.
  14. ZLPFILT performs low pass filtering by FFT zeroing.

Improvements and Changes

  1. BETAINC accepts series and/or scalar inputs.
  2. CALC accepts mode 4 to update the current Window only.
  3. EIG optionally computes generalized eigenvalues.
  4. FINTEG accepts an optional high pass cutoff frequency.
  5. GRADE and SORT perform faster stable sorts that preserve the original order of duplicate values.
  6. READT accepts the comma for the decimal point character.
  7. SHELLEXECUTE opens a file with a system defined application.
  8. SYNC, SCALES and FOCUS accept a list of Windows.
  9. Tables with a large number of columns scroll faster.
  10. WINCAPTION enables custom window caption font.
  11. New Monitor tool displays status messages and evaluates commands.
  12. Series with date or time Y values display date/time Y axis values.
  13. Paste Window allows images (BMP, GIF, JPG) to be pasted directly into a Window.
  14. The PRT_WINDOW_BORDER_WIDTH configuration parameter sets the plot border width for hardcopy plots


  1. STRFTIME handles %D, %r and %T formats.
  2. REGION checks for invalid inputs.
  3. POLYFIT and TREND handle implicit X values properly.
  4. SINTREND computes linear trend line correctly.
  5. Copying Worksheets between Labbooks works properly.
  6. Very large series plotted as points display properly.
  7. Series containing inf values scroll properly with the mouse.
  8. Series with clock date or time X values overplot correctly.

 Release Notes | B04 Changes