DADiSP 6.5 B05 Release Notes
Build 04 Release - Released October 15, 2011
Build 04 is an update of DADiSP 6.5 B01, B02, B03 or B04 released prior to October 15, 2011.
Build 04 Specific Changes
Below is a list of changes and improvements specific to DADiSP 6.5 B04:
New Features and Functions
B04 provides 20% to 50% faster performance for many functions and operations as a result of system wide
- CROSSPROD efficiently computes the matrix cross product.
- FUNM computes the general matrix function.
- LOGM computes the matrix logarithm.
- RCOND computes the reciprocal matrix condition number.
- SQRTM computes the matrix square root.
- New MatrixXL Module accelerates core matrix computations by 3X to 50X.
- IMCONV performs 2D convolution on RGB images.
- MAXFILT performs maximum filtering on an image.
- MEDFILT performs median filtering on an image.
- MINFILT performs minimum filtering on an image.
- READIMAGE reads a BMP, GIF or JPEG image file.
- ISEQUAL compares two inputs for equality.
- ISPRIME returns 1 for each series value that is prime.
Graphics and Plot Attributes
- NUMFOCUS returns the number of overlays in a Window.
- XYALT creates an XY plot with alternate X scales.
- MATLAB executes a command string in MATLAB syntax.
- SERPAD pads a series with a specified value.
Improvements and Changes
- READB supports N byte (multi-byte) integer data.
- WRITEB supports N byte (multi-byte) integer data.
- Data import supports huge multi-channel binary files.
Although each channel is limited to 2 GB, the import file has no practical size limitation.
- SORT has been optimized for speed for large series.
- Binary series operators have been optimized for speed for large series.
- CASCADE supports initial and final conditions.
- FILTEQ supports initial and final conditions.
- CONV2D accepts an optional "shape" parameter.
- LU returns an optional permutation matrix.
- QR supports "compact" mode and returns an optional permutation matrix.
- SVD supports "compact" and "economy" modes.
- COND accepts an optional p-norm parameter.
- SETASPECT(-1) sets a Window aspect ratio to the size of the contained image.
- SPL_BANG_COMMENT configures ! as SPL single line comment.
- GUI based dataset deletion handles datasets with a large number of series properly.
- MENULIST accepts a long input list correctly.
- GUI based text and legend editing has been corrected.
- ITERATE supports SPL functions that do not return a series.
- Large series with NA gaps plot correctly.
- SPL preprocessor fix for #if, #else, #endif conditionals.