DADiSP Update Downloads
Updated April 10, 2013 - DADiSP 6.5 B05
Click the "Download Now" button for your version of DADiSP and OPEN
or SAVE the file.
If the update does not self-extract, run the self-installing
(Domestic) or up65b0105i.exe
(International) or up65b0105f.exe
(Floating License) or up65b0105y.exe
(One Year License)
from the Start-Run Taskbar or a
MS-DOS command window.
The update will verify and modify your installation as necessary. Your
existing configuration, license, password and data files will not
The International and
Floating License Version may require a
new password and/or license file after the application of the
update. Follow the on-screen instructions displayed by DADiSP
to receive your new password.
Updates are cumulative, all features and corrections of
previous updates are incorporated into the current update.
Floating License Note:
The update includes help files in Windows 7 and Vista
compatible CHM format. However, because security patches may
prevent these files from opening across a network, the updated
register.exe utility located on the server copies the
help files to the client machine. Thus, after updating to B05, we
recommend running register.exe on each client.
DADiSP 6.5 B05 Update Requirements
This update is available for authorized DADiSP 6.5 B01 products or higher
If you have DADiSP 6.5 B01, B02, B03, B04 or a version of DADiSP 6.5 B05 released
prior to April 10, 2013, application of this update is
If your major version number of DADiSP is less than 6.5 (DADiSP/2002 or prior),
please contact us about upgrading to DADiSP 6.5
To display your major version number, build number and build date,
from the main pulldown menu.
Build 05 Specific Changes
Below is a list of changes and improvements specific to DADiSP 6.5 B05:
New Features and Functions
B05 provides 20% to 40%
faster execution by employing direct buffer based optimizations for
the following series functions:
- Arithmetic Functions: +,-,*,/,^,%
- Relational Operators:
<, <=, >, >=, ==, !=
- Logical Operators:
&&, ||, !, AND, OR, NOT, XOR
- Bit Operators:
>>, <<, &, |+, ~, bitor
- Trigonometric Functions:
acoth, acsc, acsch, asec, asech, asin, asinh, atan, atanh, cos, cosh, cot, coth, csc,
csch, sec, sech, sin, sinc, sinh, tan, tanh
- Special Functions: abs,
Even faster execution when combined with the new VectorXL Module
common vector math functions by an additional 20% to 60% resulting in a 2x to 4x
over DADiSP 6.5 B04.
- BLOCKAVG computes a non-overlapping moving average.
- CAREA computes the area of a closed loop series.
- CIRCSHIFT circularly shifts a series.
- ERFCX computes the scaled complementary error function.
- EXPINT computes the generalized exponential integral.
- EXPMOVAVG computes the exponential moving average.
- EXTRACTWIN extracts data from multiple windows.
- GSTEPS creates a series of step heights.
- LINEXPAVG computes a zero phase exponential moving average.
- LINRMS computes a zero phase moving RMS of a series.
- POLYAREA computes the area of a regular polygon.
- XEXTRACT extracts data from a window based on X values.
- XEXTRACTWIN extracts data from multiple windows based on X values.
- BLACKMANHARRIS multiplies a series with a Blackman-Harris window.
- CHEBWIN multiplies a series with a Dolph-Chebyshev window.
- DOWNSAMPLE decreases the sample rate of a series by decimation.
- DST computes the Discrete Sine Transform.
- GBLACKMANHARRIS generates a Blackman-Harris window.
- GCHEBWIN generates a Dolph-Chebyshev window.
- GTAYLORWIN generates a Taylor window.
- IDST computes the Inverse Discrete Sine Transform.
- SINFIT3 computes an IEEE compatible 3 term least squares sine fit.
- SINFIT4 computes an IEEE compatible iterative least squares sine fit.
- TAYLORWIN multiplies a series with a Taylor window.
- UPSAMPLE increases the sample rate of a series by inserting zeros.
- ZHPFILT performs high pass filtering by FFT zeroing.
- ZLPFILT performs low pass filtering by FFT zeroing.
Improvements and Changes
- BETAINC accepts series and/or scalar inputs.
- CALC accepts mode 4 to update the current Window only.
- EIG optionally computes generalized eigenvalues.
- ERF, ERFC and ERFCX based on Faddeeva function for speed and accuracy.
- FINTEG accepts an optional high pass cutoff frequency.
- GAMA and GAMMALN use fast Lanczos approximation for speed and accuracy.
- GRADE and SORT perform faster stable sorts that preserve the original order of duplicate values.
- READT accepts the comma for the decimal point character.
- SHELLEXECUTE opens a file with a system defined application.
- SYNC, SCALES and FOCUS accept a list of Windows.
- Tables with a large number of columns scroll faster.
- WINCAPTION enables custom window caption font.
- New Monitor tool displays status messages and evaluates commands.
- Worksheets with very large series load faster.
- Series with date or time Y values display date/time Y axis values.
- Paste Window allows images (BMP, GIF, JPG) to be pasted directly into a Window.
- The PRT_WINDOW_BORDER_WIDTH configuration parameter sets the plot border width for hardcopy plots
- STRFTIME handles %D, %r and %T formats.
- REGION checks for invalid inputs.
- POLYFIT and TREND handle implicit X values properly.
- SINTREND computes linear trend line correctly.
- Copying Worksheets between Labbooks works properly.
- Very large series plotted as points display properly.
- Series containing inf values scroll properly with the mouse.
- Series with clock date or time X values overplot correctly.
- NaN values generated by 0/0 expressions process correctly.
- Static variables preserved properly if an SPL load or compile fails.